I love to call myself a book-lover. There is a perfect blend of nostalgia and self love associated with it. I chose to write on this topic after confron
ting my best escape mechanism from my worst of travel experiences.
Since I do not like to travel, journey of any sort tends to make me uncomfortable, and to such an extent that my peace of mind is compromised. There are a couple of ways outs, however, nothing beats the company of a good book.
Over the course of time with a lot of reading, I identified that for me a short book vis a vis a heavy read is better for journeys, and in the current context a short book would be something not more than 500 pages.
The following is the carefully curated list of 10 best books as your travel partner -
1. The Old Man & The Sea - An award winning short novel by Ernest Hemingway
2. In Other Words - A non fiction by Jhumpa Lahiri on her love for the Italian language
3. A Room of One's Own - A widely recognized feminist literary criticism written by Virginia Woolf
4. The Animal Farm - An all time must-read satire on leadership and political set-up, written by George Orwell
5. Battle Hymn of Tiger Mother - The phenomenal book by Amy Chua on the difference in upbringing in the East and the West, and much more!
6. Short Stories of Rabindra Nath Tagore - Collected works of the short stories by the classic poet, novelist, musician and painter, Rabindra Nath Tagore
7. The Palace of Illusions - Mahabharata through Panchali's viewpoint by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
8.Tuesdays With Morrie - Remarkable narration of chronological visit of Albom to his college professor Morrie, by Mitch Albom
9. The Picture of Dorian Gray - Philophical Fiction by Oscar Widle
10. Lord of The Flies -Dystopian Novel by William Golding
I tried keeping this list short and hence picked the ones that are my favorites for any trip.
Do let me know if you've already read some of these.